Many people are under the impression that city water does not require filtering or conditioning since it undergoes treatment at a municipal water treatment facility. In reality, this is not always correct.
City Water Treatment
The municipal water treatment facilities that provide city water are required to assure that the water they distribute meets the EPA standards for health and safety for consumption. There are no requirements for the removal of elements that can have a damaging effect on your home. These other minerals could be preventing you from enjoying the aesthetic benefits that come with quality water.
Chlorine in City Water
A big complaint with city water is the addition of chlorine that happens during municipal treatment. Varying amounts of chlorine are added to the water to keep it free from bacteria as it travels to individual households. This is done for your safety but once the treated city water reaches those homes, the chlorine is no longer necessary. This unneeded chlorine results in problems like objectionable tastes and odors in your water. It can also have a drying effect on your skin.
Other potential city water problems include:
- Inadequate removal of calcium and magnesium carbonate (a.k.a “hard water”) that causes scale build up and soap scum
- PFOA chemicals and lead, which can be introduced into your water after it leaves their facility
A complete water analysis of your home water supply can identify the root problems with your city water that might be causing scum build up in the tub, dry skin and hair, or water that tastes like a swimming pool.
WaterMax Can Help with City Water Problems
Our customers who live in the city depend on the WaterMax Water Softener + Filter for whole-house softening and filtering. The WaterMax is user-friendly and provides fresh, softened and filtered water from every tap in your home.
- Built-In Bypass – get softened water when you need it, bypass the unit when you don’t
- Smart Touch Controller – customized settings for specific water needs
- Audible Salt Alerts – alerts you when your softener needs more salt – no need to guess (this is an optional add-on feature)
- Built-In Dirt & Sediment Filter – Save time and money with the built-in pre-filter
- Whole home Chlorine Filter – Activated carbon media inside absorbs the chemical
- Softening Resin – High capacity fine mesh resin reduces hardness minerals
- Quiet Regeneration – resin beads renew quickly and quietly with minimal water wasted
- Power-Loss Protection – saves your customized settings in case of power loss
WaterMax is Fully Customizable
The WaterMax is unique among water treatment systems because it is fully customizable, allowing users to solve specific water problems. Instead of using multiple units to treat your water, you can meet all of your needs with one highly-efficient water treatment system.
The unique WaterMax three compartment design allows for the use of additional custom media options to address specific treatment needs. Every WaterMax is built with fine mesh resin and Bacteriastat, to prevent the development of bacteria.
Contact EPA Water Consultants to customize your WaterMax city water treatment solution today! We are your Greater Philadelphia Hague dealer providing service in towns like Devon, Doylestown and Downingtown, PA.
EPA Water Consultants have been working with homeowners, home builders and businesses for years throughout Pennsylvania to solve multiple water-related problems. Each install is completed by an EPA Water employee as if it was our home – no subcontractors! With our 100% water quality guarantee, EPA Water Consultants will provide the best water available to you and your home or business!